Saturday, September 19, 2020

RDSD Publishing Week #4 (9/14 - 9/19)

Week #4: 9/14 - 9/19 (6 hours 15 minutes)

This week, I did fewer hours because I had to shift my report day to today (Saturdays) but I was still able to get some stuff done this week. I had my individual meeting with Sherri and our team meeting this week to catch up on stuff and see where we can go from here. I first went through the ISRC project to find if we had any codes that were missing and I was able to have some success there so I hope that helps our efforts going into the DQI and MLC. I also got to start the reversion process for a deceased artist by doing a reversion notice and making an Appendix A for the compositions since the acquisition was very complicated. I sent that onto Sherri and followed that up with going into Songtradr to update on CODA the statuses of the pitches we had done. Having done a bit of Songtradr stuff in VALE Records last semester, I felt like I've really gotten to know the interface more, and even though it was a bit difficult to work with at first, it started to feel more natural to work with. The last thing I did for this week was to get Shawn's single "Bored" prepared to be added to CODA by obtaining the necessary WAV files and lyrics and creating a mechanical license for VALE Records. From here, we can move forward to the next steps of our processes we are currently undergoing which I am eager to get into next week.