Monday, August 14, 2017

Forge Recording week 13

16 hours
Monday was a slow day, just a lot of cleaning and organizing things to keep busy. Wednesday I helped move a fallen tree with Robbie and the other intern. Did more cleaning and organizing. Fixed a microphone. The XLR jack on it had gotten pulled out of the mic and was missing the screw that holds it in. Through trial and error I found a good fix for that issue. If this ever happens to you, get some medical gloves, like the blue kind. I cut a ring off from one of the fingers and put it around the XLR connector for the microphone. That gives it enough friction so when you put the XLR connector back in the microphone it will stay there.